The Nordic Woman retreat guides you to meet your own self-reliance, courage and creative power through outdoor experience, voice work and kulning in the Swedish wilderness.
Our intimate group size of no more than 11 adult women allows for a safe and empowering communal experience. Experience strength and freedom in the wilderness through guided day hikes and outdoor skills education. Daily voice work and kulning instruction will develop your voice and encourage playfulness, spontaneity and expression.
Our base camp is the beautiful Fjällbäcken Lodge in western Sweden, where participants can enjoy Scandinavian hospitality within its comfortable accommodations. Fjällbäcken’s renowned gourmet chefs prepare for us three meals a day, of local fare, wild meats and traditional delicacies.
Use kulning as the starting point to learn about the nomadic and pastoral Nordic cultures and how they lived close to the Earth. Find inspiration from the stories, songs and mythology, lifeblood of these landscapes. Learn and draw strength from the archetypes of Nordic women whose songs live on through us.
The Nordic Woman Retreat 2020 Schedule
September 7th: Participants meet in Røros, Norway and drive to Fjällbäcken Lodge, Sweden
September 8-15th: Regular retreat program
September 16th: Participants depart from Fjällbäcken Lodge to Røros, Norway
A Day at The Nordic Woman Retreat
- 8 AM: Swedish-style breakfast in Fjällbäcken’s dining room
- 9-11 AM: Morning session of meditation, stretching, warm-ups and voice work indoor in the great room, or outside in the forest
- 12 PM: Lunch indoors or outside around the fire
- 1-5 PM: Afternoon hike in the mountains, with stops for kulning sessions
- 6 PM: Dinner in the Lodge or in the kåta (Sami hut) lit by woodstove and candlelight
- 8:30 PM: Evening tea session about local folklore and mythology — then off to sauna, cold plunge, look at the stars, and sleep!